Travel training tips:
We hear all the time about how many hotels have bare minimum equipment to sneak a workout in. Here are a few ways to make the most out of what you might be working with.
1. This one is my favorite. Make light weights feel heavy. You can make 10lb dumbbells feel like 100s if you create a ton of time under tension. For example, when you perform a neutral grip shoulder press take 5 seconds to press and hold for 5 seconds and then lower for 5 seconds.
2. Find a sliver of gym real estate and create “your corner.” You can crush yourself in the best of ways with a pair of light dbs. Here are a few of the most efficient exercises to scorch a ton of calories and target everything. Do 3-4 rounds of 8-12 reps.
2) Renegade Rows
3) Hinge and High Pull
4) Static Glute Bridge and Floor Press.
5) Side Plank Lateral Raise
3. If you’re looking for more of a quick metabolic fix here’s a classic. Warmup at an easy pace for 2-3 minutes on your machine of choice ie rower, bike, elliptical, treadmill/whatever is accessible. Then amp up your intensity by sprinting all out for 15 seconds followed up with 45 seconds of rest. You should be going so hard for 15 secs that you need every last drop of that 45. Don’t cheat yourself. Repeat these sprints for 10 sets.
4. If you had a long night/trip and want to open up your hips and shoulders without jacking up your heart rate, here’s a great mat series of dynamic stretches. 1 set of 10 reps/movement should have you feeling whole again.
1) Glute Bridges
2) Hip Crossovers/90-90 stretch
3) Single leg drops
4) Book Openers/T-spine
5) Front Plank-40 seconds
6) Side Plank-20 seconds/side
8) Kneeling Rock Back/Frogs
9) Fire Hydrants
10) Half Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch
11) Active Down Dog from quadruped position.
If you have any questions on what any of these movements look like don’t hesitate to ask us. Hope these tips help during your next trip. Charge hard/Train Smart!